Bragging Rights!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Bragging Rights!

“Wisdom is not a product of schooling but of the lifelong attempt to acquire it”

Camera Connection Kit with iPad and iPhone

Bragging Rights
    Bragging Rights
    Admin

Camera Connection Kit with iPad and iPhone Empty Camera Connection Kit with iPad and iPhone

Post  Bragging Rights Tue Jun 29, 2010 12:00 pm

The main accesory I wanted to buy with my iPad was the camera connection kit. Unfortunately this was sold out in New York, so I tried again on launch day in the UK. When the kit sold out in a couple of hours here it was time to place an order through the Apple online store and wait three weeks like everyone else. I’ve now had the kit for two weeks and can give some thoughts on it’s use.

The camera connection kit comprises two small adaptors that plug into the iPad dock connector, providing an SD card slot and a USB socket.

Camera Connection Kit with iPad and iPhone Cck_1-e1277391512412

The intended use for these two items is to transfer photo and video content from your digital camera to the iPad for viewing, storage and subsequent transfer to a computer. The first thing I tested when the kit arrived was its ability to import media from my Panasonic LX3 camera. Jpeg and RAW images preview and copy to the ipad correctly, and the camera’s 720p video is also fully supported. This wasn’t a huge surprise as much has already been written about the functionality of the kit, but being able to copy party video’s quickly to the iPad for immediate viewing was one of those ‘wow’ moments for the guests.

Camera Connection Kit with iPad and iPhone Cck_3

The iPhone 3GS is shown here connected to the USB adapter via the charge/sync cable. The iPad will update its preview with any new photo’s or video’s as they are taken on the iPhone, but these still need to be selected for transfer.

Camera Connection Kit with iPad and iPhone Cck_4

Read more at: http://basshead.wordpress.com

Very Happy

Current date/time is Thu May 09, 2024 3:32 am